COVID-19 Patient Safety Measures
All Prime Health Network offices are following strict CDC guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are prescreening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath and body aches prior to in-person appointments. We want to assure you that we are open for all of your healthcare needs and have taken precautions to do so safely. In addition, to in-office visits we are now offering Prime Health TeleHealth visits. To safeguard the health of our patients and staff we have implemented the following – note some of these measures were in place prior to COVID-19:
1. Our staff is screened daily for fever and cough; those exhibiting symptoms will not be permitted to work.
2. Masks are required for ALL STAFF AND PATIENTS with an in-office appointment.
3. Staff is washing their hands before AND after each patient interaction.
4. All Prime Health Network offices are being cleaned according to CDC guidelines.
5. Patients are being screened in advance of in-office appointments to rule out active cough, fever or shortness of breath.
6. In-office appointments are being scheduled with adequate time in between for thorough cleaning according to CDC guidelines
7. Patients with in-office appointments will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
8. Social distancing measures are strictly followed in all common areas including the waiting rooms.
Rest assured, that we are in communication with the PA Department of Health and continue to take a proactive approach to keep our patients, employees and communities healthy and safe.
The virus is thought to spread primarily by person-to-person contact; through a cough, a sneeze, etc., OR the virus may be transmitted onto objects (doorknobs, shopping carts, etc.) by an infected person to a healthy individual.
We are asking our patients to follow the guidelines set in place by the Department of Health to help prevent the spread of this disease and others. However, the most important thing to remember is: If you are sick, Stay Home and Call Us First!
Without question, serious and life-threatening illnesses always need the fastest and most advanced medical care available and that means immediate treatment in an Emergency Room. Remember if you feel like your life is in danger immediately dial 9-1-1.
COVID-19 Symptoms: may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
Flu Symptoms often come on suddenly and may include:
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- May experience vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children
Common Cold Symptoms tend to come on gradually and may include:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Slight body aches or a mild headache
- Low-grade fever
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms may include:
- Runny nose, stuffy nose, and/or sneezing
- Wheezing or shortness of breath
- Dry Cough
- Itchy, watery or puffy eyes
- Itchy nose and/or throat, ears
- Feeling sick? Stay home and Call Us First!
- Fever, coughing or shortness of breath? Call us prior to your previously scheduled appointment
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Do not touch your face (especially eyes, nose, or mouth) with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds/use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Sanitize commonly touched objects door knobs, light switches, key rings, etc.
- Practice Social Distancing and avoid large groups of people
We are here to ensure all your questions, concerns, well-being and needs are met, however we are asking you to please be patient as we are experiencing an increase in telephone calls, messages and appointments.